Wednesday 26 March 2014

Grandma's Basic Biscuit Recipe
Hi Vintage Lovers,
 

Just popping in to give you a treasured item out of my recipe folder, my Grandma's basic biscuit recipe that I inherited from her. She was an incredible cook and was always baking. Maybe that's where I inherited my love of baking from, and my brother is also a talented chef.


 They are such simple but yummy biscuits to make and then just fill with jam or icing. I made a batch over the weekend (first batch in a while) and I had forgotten how easy they were to whip up and how quick they were to disappear. The kids have already put in a request for me to make another batch this week.


My Grandma's Basic Biscuit Recipe

250 grams Butter
1 cup of Sugar
3 Eggs
11/2 cups of Plain Flour
11/2 cups Self Raising Flour
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence

 1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Cream Butter and Sugar.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and Mix thoroughly.
4. Roll into balls, then place on a baking tray.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden on top.
6.  When cool, spread the jam or icing mixture over the flat side of half of the biscuits and sandwich with the remaining biscuits.

Enjoy.
Mel xx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment