Thursday 6 March 2014

Friday Favourites

Hi Vintage Lovers! I hope your week has been fantastic !!

I thought I would start sharing a few of my favourite things (or thing's I would love to have) and my vintage finds on a Friday with you all.

Hope you enjoy my treasures. J
 
 
Now, to start Friday Favourites off....
 
 
.......my find for the week are nine fantastic old drinking glasses, which I came across at The Salvos, for $2 each.
 
Now these nine glasses are rather special, apart from being vintage, my Grandma had some that were exactly the same. I always remember having lemonade in them every time we visited. I don't know what ever happen to Grandma's but I am so glad I came across these glasses. As soon as I spotted them on the shelf I gave an excited little yell (I couldn't contain my excitement). Which made the lady next to me jump! I explained that I couldn't believe my luck and how excited I was and that they were definitely coming home with me. She nodded in agreence and kept going, but it didn't dampen my enthusiasm.
 



This old mirror is not a new find but it has a story none-the-less, and here is why -
 
I found this gorgeous old mirror in a salvage yard about two years ago and paid $10 for it. At the time we were selling our old house so I had no where for it, so it was safely popped in the shed for the time being. We sold our house and everything was packed up and moved.
 
Now, after the move I could not find the mirror anywhere.
So after I searched high and low for a few months, I came to the conclusion the mirror had been accidentally thrown out with a rubbish load whilst moving. I was rather disappointed but thought to myself it was only $10 and somebody would find it, give it a good home and love it.
 
So, a couple of weeks ago we were going though some shed stuff and low and behold the old mirror appears, after two years and two house moves.

As you can imagine I was rather happy and relieved all at the same time.

Have a great weekend Everyone.
Mel xx

 
 
















 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment