Thursday 31 January 2013


Baking up a Storm

Hi Vintage Lovers,

Where has this week gone? I can't believe the first week of the school year is over already. The week went well, all the kids are happy and have settled in to school well. I must admit I have been a little lost this week without the kids around. Sally has done a fantastic job of keeping me company, but it has been very quite even with Sally around and the radio on.

I decided to get busy with some baking yesterday. I love baking. I whipped up some choc-chip muffins, which I would normally leave for winter, but it was so cold here yesterday, I thought it was a good day to make them.

 
 
 
 
 They are so easy to make and are great for the school
 lunchboxes. My 1930's enamel cake tin is perfect to pop all the yummy muffins in. Much better than a plastic container.
 
 
 Today was another cold day, so I decided to whip up some bickies while I was still in the baking mood.
 
 
Shortbread and gingerbread are always a favourite in our house. I usually only make it at Christmas time, but everyone here has decided it was too yummy are are wanting me to keep baking them. I am thinking this will be the last batch until next Christmas.
I would like to make some jam drops and some melting moments next.
 
 
Have a great weekend.
 

Mel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment