Sunday 28 February 2016

The Last Days of Summer ......

Hi Vintage Lovers,

Summer has almost disappeared ....... while I am looking forward to autumn, I will miss the long summer days and spending the evenings pottering in the garden and planning time for what I will plant and do come autumn in the garden.

My garden has done well over the summer period ........ I have not lost any plants (touch wood) and I have had growth on most of them. I think the new rainwater tank has some thing to do with it !!??!!

 I have even planted a few bits and pieces over the summer, which normally I would never do. Apart from the two wisterias and the bearded irises I planted in the dry stone walled area, which are growing fantastically.  I also took cuttings from our neighbours glory vine and popped them in on either end of the carport, to grow up and along to have a nicer view from the kitchen and the girls bedroom which look out onto the carport.  I wasn't expecting them to do much as I didn't have any growth hormone at the time, so I was half expecting I was wasting my time. But ........ they took off and haven't looked back.



We have also bought another window box for the girls room (the same as the one we bought for the kitchen window) so that they have a nicer view from their window rather than looking at the cars and carport. I have planted some french lavender in all the pots, that will smell devine.




The best thing about autumn, apart from the cooler weather and being able to spend more time in the garden is planting and putting in place the changes and plans I dreamed up over summer.

Bring on autumn.

Mel xx

No comments:

Post a Comment