Monday 15 September 2014


Tuesday's Thought…..
"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard"
Winnie the Pooh


Our beautiful Sally passed away on the 5th August, six weeks ago today.........she had a sudden and very severe stroke.
Our gorgeous girl didn't suffer at all and
the last thing she heard was my voice telling her that we love her so very much, and now she could go and chase as many sticks and balls, hoses and lawn mowers, whipper snippers and weeds, spades and shovels (she loved digging holes for plants in the garden), brooms and vacuum cleaners as she wants. As well as rounding up the sheep, cows or chooks, and chasing the quad bike up and down the paddocks with all her boundless energy and enthusiasm for ever and a day.

As you could imagine, it hasn't been the best few weeks for us.
I haven't felt like posting about Sal (or anything else for that matter - so I have lots to catch you up on in the next few weeks) before now, she was a huge part of our lives. For fourteen and half years she was my shadow - just about everywhere I went she went......so it will take a long time to get used to her not being around.

Mel xx



 

2 comments: